Thursday, February 12, 2009

Production Journal: February 9th, 2009

Song(s) in Production: 'Loves A Two Way' Recording Sessions

Monday - February 9th, 2009: 11am to 3:00pm - Russ and I arrived a 11am for load in and drum miking. We talked shop for a while and finally got around to mic checks and levels around 12:30pm. The session went pretty smoothly, once I figured out what mic-pre did what? I suppose I should write everything down.

Russ had definite ideas about what he wanted to do with the drum part for the song. We took a total of 6 passes at the drum track. Take 4 sounded the most solid and Russ really nailed the groove. We recorded a couple of more takes just to have more information to edit with. But for the most part...Take 4 is the keeper.

For more information about each take and what was cool and what was not...see the photo of the production notes. I learned that I should keep a written log as well as the one posted here...more for myself later when I go back to edit all this stuff.

Now, on to the next tune...'Dying 2 Live'. Session begins tomorrow, Feb. 10th, 2009.